Evolution Aqua Med Acriflavin is an Anti-bacterial treatment for Koi. It is a powerful, active medication that works to treat a variety of pathogens such as fin, tail and mouth rot, mouth fungus, ulcers and bacteria in Koi Carp.
Common Symptoms Of Bacterial Infection In Fish
Use acriflavine for fish when they appear to have large open sores or ulcers or any other form of bacterial issues.
3. Switch off UV bulbs until 7 days after the last dose. Remove all activated carbon and zeolite from filters.
4. Using the dosing cap provided, add 1 x 20ml dose per 1600 litres (352 gals) of pond water. Add the medication to a bucket of pond water and then distribute this evenly over the ponds surface. This is a dye based treatment therefore water discolouration will occur.
5. This is a two-dose treatment, the pond should be treated again three days later at roughly the same time.
6. If necessary, it is safe to repeat the course of treatment 7 days after the last dose is finished, following a 20% water change.
7. Check all water quality parameters as poor water quality is often a cause of illness.
NOTE: Do not dose during stormy or humid weather. Always aerate the pond well throughout treatment. Allow time to observe fish after dosing in case of the unlikely event of an adverse reaction. For use only with Koi Carp. Always wear protective gloves when handling chemicals. Do not use if water temperature is above 25°C.
Frequently asked questions
Why do you need to dose twice? Dosing is kinder on fish –
2 step dosing acclimates fish for higher active dose rate. Dose on day 1 and again on day 4. Some parts of illness lifecycles cannot be killed so active ingredients need to be high for a longer period to attack these parts when the vulnerable part comes around. White spot is a great example of this.
How long do I need to wait before I can treat again?
You can repeat the dose, or treat the pond with an alternative treatment 7 days after the last dose has finished, following a 20% water change.
Do I need to switch of my UV?
Yes, the UV will weaken the strength of the treatment and make it less effective
Are eaMedications safe to use with Sturgeon, Tench or Orfe?
Yes, always aerate the pond or treatment bath during use.
Can I mix medications?
Only Formaldehyde and Malachite green can be used together, wait 7 days after the final dose, and do a 20% water change before re-dosing, or treating with an alternative medication.
Acriflavine for wound treatment?
Yes it can prevent secondary infection.
EA Med Acriflavin 500ml, EA Med Acriflavin 1000ml
All in stock orders placed before 12pm will be shipped the same day unless otherwise stated. Your order will be shipped via the delivery method selected at checkout.
All deliveries (excluding pallets and livestock deliveries) over £50.00 will be sent via 1-2 day courier free of charge. Orders under £50.00 will have both a 2-3 day service available at £3.95 and a 1-2 day service at £5.95 offered.
Please note that all services rely on third-party couriers to deliver on time and in good order. We will alway enever to use the best service available. At the moment this is Royal Mail, UPS and DSL. We will of course do our best to ensure that your delivery arrives when stated at the time of purchase, however, we can not be held liable for delays caused by the delivery company.