Evolution Aqua Nexus 220 +
To benefit from the moving bed it is recommended to run a evolution aqua airtech air pump with this filter. It also aide backwashing.
Evolution Aqua Nexus 220 + Profesional Koi Pond Filter Key Features & Benefits:
- Improved Flow – The new Eazy features an improved pattern of slots in the stainless steel body which makes the filter more efficient. Water can pass through the Eazy through all sides and from below, much more effectively than before. This feature combined with the use of K1 Micro makes for improved flow rates through the entire mechanical filter stage.
- Dramatically Improved Clarity – The Nexus 220 filter system uses two types of filter media to deliver optimum levels of clarity in your pond. K1 Micro is used in the Eazy to improve mechanical filtration while the tried and tested K1 Media is used in the moving bed outer chamber, delivering the biological filtration.
- Easy To Clean And Maintain – A key feature of all Nexus filtration systems is the sheer ease of maintenance. This still remains the case with the new Nexus 220 system. The Eazy is simply cleaned by using a combination of the cleaning pipe, air valves and ball valves fitted to the Nexus, meaning you don’t need to get your hands dirty. The clear lid fitted to the Eazy also makes it easy to visual inspect the K1 Micro media.
- Better Solids Handling – Inside the centre mechanical stage of the Nexus, there is a much larger area for solid waste to be captured and to settle. This area can then be cleaned even easier than before ensuring the filter does not clog up with unnecessary amounts of waste.
- Removable Eazy – All Eazy filters used in the Nexus 220 series can be removed if needed with the K1 Micro in place. This added feature is ideal when undertaking further maintenance.
Installing the Nexus
The Nexus MUST be installed on a solid, level base, a minimum of 1.2 metres x 1 metre. Failure to do this will cause irreparable damage to the filter and will therefore invalidate your warranty.
By this we mean that your pump is going to be used to return the filtered water to the pond and therefore your filter will be supplied by gravity via a larger diameter pipe. In this situation the water level in the filter will be at the same level as the pond.
By this we mean that if your pump is going to be used to supply the water to the filter, and the filtered water then returns back into your pond via gravity, i.e. down a waterfall, or through a large diameter pipe, this is referred to as PUMP FED (i.e. the water is fed to the filter using a pump).
Evolution Aqua Nexus 220 Information
The nexus 220 + does not come with a lid. If you would like one they can be purchased here.
Your nexus 220 filter will be delivered on a pallet usually by a 48hr courier.
Need professional help with you pond? Contact a pond contractor.
View the Evolution Aqua Nexus 220 Manual by clicking here.