Reef Octopus VarioS
The Reef Octopus VarioS Pumps are controllable, reliable and silent. Similar to the VarioS Skimmer Pump, this VarioS circulation pump features a detachable controller, high quality ceramic shaft and bearing to reduce wear and tear.
The latest variable speed flow technology is used for refined control, enhanced performance, energy-efficiency and safer operations.
They can be ran wet or dry!
The Reef Octopus VarioS Circulation pump features a removable controller with mount.
Unlike the vast majority of circulation pumps which uses alternating current (AC), the VarioS pump boasts several important advantages over traditional AC pumps like greater energy efficiency and safer low voltage operation and produce less heat per volume of flow.
There Aare 4 Reef Octopus VarioS Pumps Available
VarioS 2 – 25w | 4m head | 3000 l/ph 792 g/ph | inlet 1″ | outlet 1″
VarioS 4 – 40w | 4.5m head | 4000 l/ph 1056 g/ph | inlet 1.1/4″ | outlet 1″
VarioS 6 – 70w | 4.9m head | 6500 l/ph 1720 g/ph | inlet 1.1/4″ | outlet 1.1/4″
VarioS 8 – 98w | 5.7m head | 10,000 l/ph 2646 g/ph | inlet 1.1/4″ | outlet 1.1/4″
In addition to allowing the pump to operate at 5 different speeds, which is pretty normal for a DC pump, the new VarioS Controller takes the pump to a new level featuring:
1. A float switch connection, which lets you connect a float switch (included in the box) to the controller. This is an extra security feature that allows you to shut off the skimmer pump when your waste collector is full or shut off your water pump when your sump water has reached a high or low level. In all, you don’t need another module or controller to add a float switch to your system.
2. Two separate pause/feed modes that will switch off the pump for either 15 or 60 minute intervals. These come in useful when you are feeding the tank or conducting regular maintenance such as a water change.
3. And the greatest feature of the VarioS controller is… a 0-10v input which will allow a 3rd party controller. In this mode, the new VarioS controller becomes an interface between the system controller and the pump allowing you to create complex programs utilizing your system controller native language. This is unparalleled controllability on a skimmer or water pump. Basically, you can use your system controller as your DC pump controller!
Includes: VarioS pump, controller, float switch, power supply, output and input union for plumbing direct PVC, versatile stepped barb output fitting for flex tubing and protective intake screen.
You can find an online version of the manual here.
Features & Benefits
VarioS Circulation Pump
- Controller module with 5 variable speed control settings
- Ultra quiet operation
- High quality ceramic shaft and bearing a more durable and quieter operation
- In-built circulating and intricate cooling mechanism for prevention of overheating of the rotor and pump
- Auto shutdown system upon detection of electric circuit abnormalities
- Safer operations with working voltage of 24V
- 2 years warranty*