TMC Salifert Magnesium Test Kit
Magnesium also helps to maintain the correct combination of calcium concentration and alkalinity as it slows down the formation of calcium carbonate which can absorb many important trace elements within the aquarium.
Maintaining a correct magnesium concentration by testing with the Salifert Magnesium Test Kit is therefore very important and is indirectly responsible for fast coral and calcareous algae growth by making it possible to maintain correct calcium and alkalinity figures.
Magnesium is depleted by algae growth and also by the use of excessive kalkwasser or by going far beyond natural calcium, alkalinity and pH values.
The Salifert Magnesium Profi-Test is easy to use and accurate with measurements in steps of 30 mg/L. Results are not affected by strontium and calcium interference. Sufficient for 50 tests
TMC Salifert Magnesium Test Kit Instructions
- Add with the 2ml syringe 2ml of water to the test viral.
- Add 5 drops of Mg-1.
- Add one spoon of Mg-2 powder (spoon included) to the test vial and swirl for 10 seconds.
- Place the plastic tip firmly on the 1ml syringe and draw into this Mg-3 reagent until the lower end of the black syringe part is at the 1.00ml mark. Ensure that during this that the plastic tip is submersed in the MG-3 regent to avoid air bubbles being withdrawn instead of liquid. An air layer between the end of the tip and the piston is normal. This is air which was present between the end of the top and the piston, this will not influence the result.
- Start adding the Mg-3 reagent with the 1ml syringe to the test vial until the colour changes to grey or blue (whichever colour is observed first) Do this drop wise and swirl after each drop for a second or two. You can add apron 80% of the expected amount of the solution all at once.
- Hold the syringe with he top facing upward and read the position of the upper end of the black syringe part. Each devision corresponds to 0.001ml. The magnesium concentration can be obtained from the table.