Evolution Aqua Med Malachite Green
Evolution Aqua Med Malachite Green is and Anti-fungal and anti-parasite treatment for Koi. It is a powerful, active medication that works to treat fungal and parasite diseases such as White Spot, Costia, Chilodonella and Trichodina in Koi Carp.
Common symptoms of fungus and parasite problems in pond fish
Abonormal and excessive flicking, parasites are visible or a cloudy mucus on fish are all signs that somethings is not right. Fungus that appears like cotton wool may also be apparent.
White blemishes may also appear across the head, body and fins. Discolouration may also appear across the scales. Fish showing these symptoms will often have a decreased apatite/feed response
Evolution Aqua Med Malachite Green Dosage Calculations
20ml dose per 3520 litres (775 gallons)
500ml treats 2 x 22,000 litres (4,839 gallons)
1 litre treats 4 x 22,000 litres (4,839 gallons)
EA Malachite Green Dosage Instructions
1. Calculate the pond’s volume using the following calculation: Length in metres x width in metres x average depth in metres x 1000 = Litres, divide by 4.54 for gallons. (Click here for a pond volume calculator)
2. Shake bottle well.
3. Switch off UV bulbs until 7 days after the last dose. Remove all activated carbon and zeolite from filters.
4. Using the dosing cap provided, add 1 x 20ml dose per 3520 litres (775 gals) of pond water. Add the medication to a bucket of pond water and then distribute this evenly over the ponds surface.
This is a dye based treatment therefore water discoloration will occur (temporarily).
5. This is a two-dose treatment, the pond should be treated again three days later at roughly the same time. For best results, dose with EA Formaldehyde or for ease of use, dose with EA FMG Mix instead.
6. If necessary, it is safe to repeat the course of treatment 7 days after the last dose is finished, following a 20% water change.
7. Check all water quality parameters with a test kit before treating leuco malachite green as poor water quality is often a cause of illness.
NOTE: Do not dose during stormy or humid weather.
Always aerate the pond well throughout treatment. Allow time to observe fish after dosing in case of the unlikely event of an adverse reaction. For use only with Koi Carp.
Always wear protective gloves when handling malachite green chloride. Do not use if water temperature is above 25°C.
Questions regarding Evolution Aqua Med Malachite Green
Why do you need to dose twice?
Dosing is kinder on fish – 2 step dosing acclimates fish for higher active dose rate. Dose on day 1 and again on day 4.
Some parts of illness lifecycles cannot be killed so active ingredients need to be high for a longer period to attack these parts when the vulnerable part comes around. White spot is a great example of this.
How long do I need to wait before I can treat again?
You can repeat the dose, or treat the pond with an alternative treatment 7 days after the last dose has finished, following a 20% water change.
Do I need to switch of my UV?
Yes, the UV will weaken the strength of the treatment and make it less effective
Are eaMedications safe to use with Sturgeon, Tench or Orfe?
Should I add extra aeration?
Yes, always aerate the pond or treatment bath during use.
Can I mix medications?
Only Formaldehyde and Malachite can be used together, wait 7 days after the final dose, and do a 20% water change before re-dosing, or treating with an alternative medication.
Is malachite green Banned?
No, it is not banned for use as a fish medication